Safaricom Mall (Crystal Rivers) and Gated Community is a “Live, Work n Play” development by Safaricom Staff Pension Scheme.
It is conveniently situated on the busy Mombasa Road, 1.2 Kms past the Mombasa/ Kitengela Roads interchange, Athi River, Machakos County. The site is only 10 minutes drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and 25km from the City Centre of Nairobi. The ground breaking was done on 13th June and the project is estimated to cost 3.5Bn and take 2.5 years to complete.
Welcome to Crystal Rivers, where a truly unique opportunity to own and experience the perfect combination of luxury, comfort and convenience awaits you. Every day at Crystal Rivers is an opportunity to enjoy a buzz filled, fun lifestyle experience for mom, dad and kids.
Crystal Rivers comprises of a state-of-the-art mall that covers 5.7 acres with a total of 200,000 Sq Ft. of lettable area, and a residential area consisting of 3 and 4 bedroom townhouses, plus a cluster of 3 bedroom apartments.
Crystal Rivers, a mixed use development, comprises a Commercial Retail Centre (Safaricom Mall) on 5.7 Acres with 20,000m2 built-up area. This is a conveniently located Retail Center (20,000 Square Meters Gross lettable Area) bringing together unsurpassed retail variety, quality and convenience. It is set at the road frontage with easy ingress and egress off Mombasa Road.
The Mall will offer 3 levels of a premium shopping experience with more than 100 local and international stores including;
- An anchor supermarket – Restaurants – Entertainment zone – Offices – Hospitals and – A conference/ exhibition facility – Parking
- The Mall has been designed with security in mind and will offer 3 secured entrances onto the main retail level with adequate parking for 700 vehicles on the lower ground level and upper ground parking deck
- The Food Court Area will offer variety to food lovers and will look out onto an immaculately landscaped lifestyle covered outdoor space that also serves as the main entrance from the residential side
- The restaurants / coffee shop/ sports bar will have decks that face out onto Mombasa Road
- Business Centre and Entertainment Zone, The Office space, Conference/ Exhibition facility and the entertainment zone comprising a Cinema, Games Zone and Casino will all be located on the top level
- Going Green, The Mall will also take advantage of green principles such as rain water harvesting, a bio digester and natural lighting through the skylights on second floor.
The design is sure to create a commercial synergy in the context of its environment, with the goal to excite and energize the spirit of the local shopper and to complement its surroundings.
The residential Section on 16 Acres comprises of:
- 138 units of 3 and 4 Bedrooms Maisonettes
- 260 units of 3 bedroom apartments
The Gated Community is tucked away at the rear, off Mombasa Road, with easy access to the Mall, offering a secure and private homely environment. The units will be semi detached to allow independent access to the garden. The gated development is ideal for both investment and homes.
The units are designed with the users comfort in mind. From sizes and the layouts, to modern finishes and fittings. The drive ways are all paved in concrete blocks for durability and ease of maintenance. The riparian area will be landscaped to allow for a park theme and an environmentally friendly play area overlooking the river. Much thought was put in finding optimal balance between wants and needs, quality, craftsmanship, choice of design all of which are important considerations, in a home/investment.
- Secured with a stone wall, topped with electric and razor wire
- CCTV Cameras within the common estate roads to a central control facility in the security office
- Common gate having separate entry and exit gates with security offices in between
- Domestic Quarters accessible from outside
- Private garden for each house
- Parking for two cars
- Back Up generator to serve common areas
- Solar Water Heater to each House
- Underground water tank to each house
- Internet connection ports
- Provision for power inverters
- Well manicured gardens
- Bio Digester
- River front
- Recreational Facility
- Park & Jogging Tracks
- Borehole Water
- Independent access to the Mall
Development Acreage Schedule
- Residential – 16 acres
- Retail Center – 5.7 acre
- Recreational areas – 0.7 acres
- Kindergarten/ Community Center – 0.5 acres
- Riparian Way leave – 2.2acres
- Sewer – 0.4 acres
- Electricity Connection
- Guard House
- Perimeter Fence
- Pets Allowed
- Solar Panels
- Water Tank